What steps should I follow when I log back in after my computer has been migrated?
Once your migration has been completed, please follow the 6-step checklist below:
- At the login page you will see Sign in to: WHS under the request for your login details.
If you are still seeing the pre-migration view of Sign in to: WHCN, then please restart your computer. If you continue to see WHCN on the login screen, please contact the Service Desk on 8345 6777 or ServiceDesk@wh.org.au so the team can check your computer’s migration status.
- Confirm you can access shared network drives, i.e. the S Drive
- Open Outlook. When prompted for your login details, add WHCN\ before your username i.e. WHCN\zmithz and then your password, click on Remember my credentials and click on OK. This step will only need to be completed this one time
- Check your appointments are visible in your calendar. Check you can access emails sent/received prior to the migration and that you can send/receive emails
- Check that printers are installed
- To access the Western Health intranet, first open Internet Explorer to save your login details in Windows Security iexplore. Enter WHCN\ before your username i.e. WHCN\zmithz and your password.
Click on Remember my credentials and click on OK.
Once the Western Health Intranet opens up, you will then be able to open your Microsoft Edge. This step will only need to be completed this one time.
We anticipate that all of the above six items will work as normal post-migration. Please note however that while you should be able to send/receive emails immediately following the migration, the ability to view your historical emails may take up to 2 hours.