New changes to EMR diet orders
A number of changes to diet orders in the EMR will commence on 16th March, 2022. Staff should also be aware of the following name changes, as well as new diet orders available in the EMR:
Diet Order Name Change for Food Allergy
- The diet order name will change to ‘xxxx FREE’ (ie- Egg Free, Milk Free) for the most common food allergy causing a severe reaction such as anaphylaxis.
- The equivalent allergy order which is mapped from allergies and alerts in the EMR will be retained as ‘ALLERGY xxxx’. This allows the diet order to be used for patients without an allergy, but will ensure the most common allergies are separately identified in the allergy order.
- There is no change to the meals: the foods provided/allowed will be exactly the same for both the allergy and the diet.
- The naming of the allergies and diets follows the 2021 Australian Food Allergy Labelling Regulations and will now also include ‘Allergy Crustacea & Allergy Mollusc’ instead of ‘Allergy Shellfish’.
- ‘Pregnancy’ rather than ‘Maternity’ for the low listeria risk diet
- ‘Soft Dysphagia’ is now ‘Soft & Bite Size Dysphagia’ to reflect the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) definitions
New Diet Orders available in EMR
- ‘Eating Disorders Meal Plans 1-4’ to allow improved management of patients admitted with Eating Disorders
- ‘Cardiac PET HFVLC’ to assist the preparation of patients requiring a Cardiac PET