Emergency Medicine and Access
The ED clerk will admit them in iPM and the patients location will update
No, iPM is still the source of truth for Next of Kin (NOK). We are currently working on an optimisation to add NOK to the EMR.
The Cerner EMR module that has been implemented in the Williamstown, Sunshine and Footscray Emergency Departments. FirstNet includes electronic documentation, the ability to triage and tracking screens displaying real-time information for the ED.
Care teams can use FirstNet to view the documentation and care provided to their patient while in the Emergency Department.
Mental Health has four Powerforms in the Emergency Department:
- Emergency Mental Health Acute Assessment
- ED Mental Health Discharge/Transfer
- ED Safe Medical Transfer checklist
- ED MH Risk Screening
Mental Health uses the FirstNet LaunchPoint to:
- Access patient information including current and past ED presentations and inpatient admissions
- Allocate patients to themselves
- Manage referrals
- Document clinical notes