Emergency Medicine and Access
No, iPM is still the source of truth for Next of Kin (NOK). We are currently working on an optimisation to add NOK to the EMR.
The Cerner EMR module that will be implemented in the Williamstown, Sunshine and Footscray Emergency Departments. FirstNet includes electronic documentation, the ability to triage and tracking screens displaying real-time information for the ED.
Once FirstNet has been implemented, care teams will be able to view the documentation and care provided to their patient while in the Emergency Department.
FirstNet will replace the current EDIS system and the current paper ED Nursing Observation Chart.
Mental Health will have four Powerforms in the Emergency Department:
- Emergency Mental Health Acute Assessment
- ED Mental Health Discharge/Transfer
- ED Safe Medical Transfer checklist
- ED MH Risk Screening
Mental Health will use the FirstNet LaunchPoint to:
- Access patient information including current and past ED presentations and inpatient admissions
- Allocate patients to themselves
- Manage referrals
- Document clinical notes